Martis Camp Club is a privately-owned club within the 2177-acre Martis Camp community situated 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe in the mountains of Northern California.
We are currently looking for a full-time Spa Director who will develop, organize and manage the daily operations of the Spa and Fitness operations. Offer a strategic comprehensive approach to provide and enhance health and wellness programs for the membership. Responsible for staff competency and performance, all spa and fitness facilities, equipment, member satisfaction and the financial success of the Spa and Fitness departments.
- Plan, develop and implement programs for all areas of the Spa and Fitness departments, including personal development of spa services and menus, personal training programs, Pilates, group fitness, front desk and special events
- Oversee Ladies Locker Room providing direction to Ladies Locker Room Manager
- Conduct ongoing research to ensure up-to-date fitness and wellness information is used to develop innovative/contemporary programs. Monitor new industry trends
- Select/hire, train, supervise and direct the work of Spa, Fitness & Wellness employees
- Select and set up new vendor and independent contractor contracts for Spa and Fitness
- Perform administrative and financial duties to include payroll processing budget, HR procedures/paperwork, purchasing, evaluation/hiring of employees and scheduling/directing staff meetings
- Develop and maintain work schedules ensuring full service to the membership
- Actively promote and practice safe and prudent fitness training and use of all Fitness center equipment, facilities and services
- Proactively educate members and staff on the various spa and personal treatments available in the Spa
- Proactively educate members and staff on the various aspects of fitness training and exercise
- Develops and oversees the Spa and Fitness departments capital budget, bids/estimates, planning, timing and execution of approved capital projects and/or equipment
- Other responsibilities: Oversees Camp Lodge adult pool area and Ladies Locker Room Manager.
- Comprehensive understanding of current spa, fitness and wellness standards, principles and industry trends
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Jonas or equivalent POS software, When I Work
- Must exhibit excellent judgement and discretion with respect to the handling of confidential health related information/communications
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping crouching, and using multiple stairs. Must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Must pass a pre-employment drug screen (includes marijuana)
Spa management experience minimum 3 years
Experience in the fitness and wellness management field
Private Club experience preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience, salary range given at first interview
Annual discretionary bonus
401 (k) with 7% employer match
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
529 College Savings Plan
Dependent Care Flexible Spending
Annual Fitness Bonus
Professional references must be provided from supervisors of positions held that meet the Work Experience criteria.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.