The Golf Shop Assistant is the primary point of contact to assist in servicing the needs of the membership with regards to golf matters. Duties associated with this position include; daily management of play, handicapping, event set up and execution, retail sales and merchandising. Spread hospitality and goodwill among members and guests. Golf Shop Ambassador will assist in managing and tracking of play, protecting and controlling assets while maintaining a neat, clean and attractive golf shop. This position seeks opportunities to create memories by anticipating needs, exceeding expectations, and building relationships. Duties directed by Head Golf Professional.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer services, friendly advice and assistance to all patrons.
- Assist with member guest check-in.
- Assist in the receipt, computer input, pricing, display, inventory control, promotion and sales of merchandise.
- Order and follow-up of special orders.
- Be informed on, and promote all club activities and services.
- Assist in managing and implementing tournaments.
- Keep fiscal responsibility and member satisfaction in mind when making all decisions.
- Take part in keeping Martis Camp clean and litter free. Cleanliness is everyone’s responsibility, take ownership in the Club.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Martis Camp standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the Club.
- Comply at all times with Martis Camp standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient Club operations.
- Perform other duties as required by your manager.
- Ability to stand for up to 6 hours at a time, intermittently over an 8 hour shift
- Ability to walk/relocate to different parts of the shop intermittently during 8 hour shift
- Ability to bend and twist to assist members with merchandise intermittently throughout 8 hour shift
- Ability to maintain effective communication by phone, email, face to face throughout 8 hour shift
- Ability to lift and carry up to ¼ mile 30 pounds several times during an 8 hour shift
- Ability to use computer keyboard to make retail sales
All Ambassadors are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen with a negative result (this includes marijuana)
• Limited use of Golf Course, Tennis Courts, and private Ski Hill
• Retail discounts in Spa and Golf
• Ambassador Golf Clinics
• Ambassador Tennis Clinics
• Eligibility for Ambassador of the Month
• $50 per month uniform allowance (approval required)
• End of Season Party
• Free flu shot (October)
• Ambassador Holiday Party