LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY ** No solicitations please
Martis Camp Club, Tahoe's premier private club and community, is seeking a Staff Accountant II to join the Accounting team.
This position is perfect for someone who is a true self-starter, comfortable working in a small high efficiency team that does high volume at a fast pace, extends professionalism to both members and fellow Ambassadors alike, and is content to work a steady Monday-Friday schedule. This position does not manage/oversee any other staff.
Maintain accounts receivable system to provide timely and accurate statements to the Martis Camp membership. Communicates promptly with members in a courteous manner. Ability to analyze financial and statistical information and communicate results. The Staff Accountant role supports the Controller with all aspects of the accounting department and with initiative and progression, this position has the opportunity to develop into the Senior Accountant.
- BA degree in Accounting, or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting position.
- Excellent excel skills.
- Great work ethic and strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of/experience with Jonas Club Management software.
- Private club experience preferred.
- Ability to work at a high level with a highly efficient team.
- IT knowledge
- Manage membership receivables and send monthly member statements.
- Send other member communications and uphold collection procedures; prepare outgoing letters and certified mail
- Bill, reconcile and recognize member dues for multiple companies.
- Answer member phone calls and emails and resolve issues
- Post ACH settlements to member accounts and review NetCheck for any chargeback
- Post member payments to member accounts for 2 companies
- Assist Controller with preparing timely month end close by preparing account reconciliations and balancing of subsidiary ledgers to GL accounts.
- Complete month end check list and associated journal entries
- Review/audit club invoices
- Ensure appropriate sales taxes are paid. Prepare monthly and quarterly tax returns for accuracy.
- Oversee the maintenance of Fixed Assets and related depreciation records. Ensure purchases and dispositions are properly authorized.
- Assist payroll in processing payroll (preparing spreadsheets for commissions and payouts).
- Manage bank balances and reconcile the cash register to make sure adequate cash is in each account.
- Review wires from closings and post transactions related to closing
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Maintain weekly sales and statistical reporting. Generate reports to executive and management team.
- Code utility invoices, maintain usage spreadsheet and reconcile to the general ledger.
- Maintain pre-paid postage on Pitney Bowes postage machine
- Distribute mail to appropriate department manager.
- Assist with company vehicle registrations, issues and maintenance.
- All other projects as assigned to assist in meeting the goals of the Club.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending
- 401k with up to 7% match
- Paid Time Off accrual
- Annual Fitness Bonus
- Annual Holiday Fund Bonus
- Discounts at retail shops
- Limited access to some facilities (Golf Course, Tennis Facility, Ski Hill)
- End of Season and Holiday Parties
- Eligibility for Ambassador of the Month
- Family Meal (one per shift) during Summer and Holiday weeks
All Ambassadors must pass a pre-employment drug screen with a negative result (this includes marijuana).
No phone calls please.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY ** No solicitations